On to another week of things I love. Sorry it has been a few weeks since the last one. I have finally settled in to my new home for the summer, started working, and (of course) did some baking. I also want to give a shout out to The Peche and Snappy Service Cafe for awarding me with this awesome towel for BHF11PP!
Don’t forget to keep an eye out for some new recipes coming soon!
But for now, enjoy some of my most recent favorites.
1. Mini Rhubarb Upside Down Cakes from Teenie Cakes – Upside down cakes are perfect for summer because they don’t need any topping and allow you to use whatever fruit is in season. I recently made a pineapple upside down cake, but these rhubarb cakes are calling my name!
2. Rhubarb Tart with Strawberry Whipped Cream from I (heart) Baking! — This one hit home for me. I recently made something similar, but this sounds so amazing. And the photos are beautiful. I want to try and make this tart with the rhubarb sliced long ways instead of little chunks. So cute!
3. Mini Gooey Chocolate Cakes from Bread and Milk and Blackberries — Who doesn’t love a good chocolate recipe? Nothing is more like home then a good chocolate cake. This one is Swedish. It is partially baked and more brownie like according to her post. Also, in her pictures she topped them with some frosting and berries making this a must try dessert.
4. Thai Banana Fritters from Tes at Home – Have you ever had something that was crunchy, sweet, hot, and fruity? I don’t have anything that immediatly comes to mind but that is essentially what you get from a banana fritter. Tes also mentioned pairing these wonderful treats with some vanilla ice cream. Doesn’t that sound amazing?
5. Strawberry Raspberry Rhubarb Pie from The Baker Chick — Another rhubarb recipe that caught my eye. I love that she made her pie a little different with the addition of raspberries. The tartness of the rhubarb and raspberries must pair perfectly with the sweetness of the strawberries. And her pie was bright and beautiful, great for a summer party!