Welcome to the Valentine’s edition of Holiday Recipe Club! Interested in learning more or want to join? Message me here!
Valentine’s Day is often approached with mixed emotions. Those with a significant other and those without have their own opinions and traditions when it comes to the day, but whatever you’re doing should include dessert! This pretty pink dessert is perfect for the occasion. If you have a significant other that isn’t a chocolate lover this is exactly what you need! I recommend serving your panna cotta with a handful of milk crumbs and dollop of whipped cream.
Strawberry Panna Cotta
Recipe from Pinay In Texas Cooking Corner
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 1/2 envelopes Knox unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- seeds of 1 vanilla bean (optional)
- Blend the strawberries, sugar, evaporated milk and orange juice. Pour through a fine mesh sieve and discard the solids.
- In a separate bowl combine the milk and gelatin, let soften for 1 minute.
- In a small sauce pan bring the cream to a gentile simmer. Remove from the heat and stir in the gelatin mixture until completely dissolved.
- Whisk the cream mixture into the strawberry mixture until combined.
- Pour into your mold of choice and allow to chill for a minimum of 3 hours. Serve in the mold or carefully remove from the mold by using a small knife and carefully slicing around the edges. Serve with whipped cream, milk crumbs or fresh strawberry puree.
What are you doing for Valentine’s Day?