Thank you Junia for inviting me to be a co-host for #chocolatelove! Don’t forget to check out the other co-hosts and add your chocolate recipes to the blog hop!
I was excited to see that February was #chocolatelove month.
What better time of year (than maybe Halloween) to totally indulge in chocolate.
When first brainstorming recipes to make, chocolate cake came to mind. A double layer chocolate cake with thick chocolate frosting is irresistible.
Chocolate cake is love!
But I wanted to try something new. I decided to (finally) try my hand at creme brûlée.
Creme brûlée is a creamy, silky smooth custard like dessert with a crunchy melted sugar topping.
Creme brûlée is amazing, it’s super easy, and it can be made ahead of time!
If you are still looking for a Valentine’s Day dessert I highly recommend trying this white chocolate creme brûlée.
Make it a day or 2 ahead of time (minus the caramelized sugar) and store in the fridge until you are ready. If you want to add a little extra something, top the caramelized sugar with a few strawberries or raspberries right before serving.
White Chocolate Creme Brûlée
Recipe from Allrecipes.com
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 oz Ghirdelli White Chocolate (bar broken into pieces or chips)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Extra sugar for caramelizing
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat bring the cream to a simmer. Once simmering add the white chocolate, turn off the heat and whisk the chocolate until smooth.
- While whisking the egg yolks add a few tablespoons of the white chocolate mixture to the yolks. Keep stirring to make sure the eggs don’t curdle!! Once that is completely mixed in, add a few more tablespoons – KEEP WHISKING!
- Once the egg yolks have been slightly warmed, scrape into the warm white chocolate cream mix and stir completely.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the custard into 4 oven safe (and broiler safe) ramikens. Place the ramikens in an 8×8 or 9×9 pan and fill the pan with 2 inches of hot water. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour, or until the custard is barely jiggly.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, cover and keep chilled in the fridge (up to 4 days).
- To serve: sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of white sugar over the top of the custard. Using a kitchen torch, carefully light it and torch the top of the sugar until caramelized. If you don’t have a torch you can place under the broiler for a minute or 2. Refrigerate for 5 minutes then serve.
Don’t forget to check out the other #chocolatelove hosts!
A Little Bit of Everything ~ Roxana ~ @RoxanaGreenGirl
ASTIG Vegan ~ Richgail ~ @astigvegan
Badger Girl Learns to Cook ~ Kimberly ~ @BdgrGrl
Baker Street ~ Anuradha ~ @bakerstreet29
Baking and Cooking, A Tale of Two Loves ~ Becky Higgins
Baking Extravaganza ~ Samantha
Bon a croquer ~ Valerie ~ @Valouth
CafeTerraBlog ~ Terra ~ @CafeTerraBlog
Cake Duchess ~ Lora ~ @cakeduchess
Cakeballs, Cookies and More ~ Sue
Cooking with Books ~ Marnely ~ @nella22
Creative Cooking Corner ~ Karriann ~ @KarriannGraf
Easily Good Eats ~ Three Cookies
Elephant Eats ~ Amy
Georgiecakes ~ Georgie ~ @georgiecakes
Hobby And More ~ Richa ~ @betit19
Java Cupcake ~ Betsey ~ @JavaCupcake
Kitchen Belleicious ~ Jessica
Mike’s Baking ~ Mike ~ @mikesbaking
Mis Pensamientos ~ Junia ~ @juniakk
No One Likes Crumbley Cookies ~ TR ~ @TRCrumbley
Oh Cake ~ Jessica ~ @jesshose
Preheat the Oven ~ Jason ~ @officialchefjae
Rico sin Azucar ~ Helena ~ @ricosinazucar
Savoring Every Bite ~ Linda ~ @Spicegirlfla
Simply Reem ~ Reem ~ @simplyreem
Smart Food and Fit ~ Lisa ~ @LisaNutrition
Soni’s Food for Thought ~ Soni ~ @sonisfood
Sprint 2 the Table ~ Laura ~ @Sprint2theTable
Teaspoon of Spice ~ Deanna ~ @tspbasil
That Skinny Chick Can Bake ~ Liz ~ @Thatskinnychick
The Dusty Baker ~ Jacqueline ~ @dustybakergal
The More Than Occasional Baker ~ Ros ~ @bakingaddict
The Spicy RD ~ EA ~ @thespicyrd
The Wimpy Vegetarian ~ Susan ~ @wimpyvegetarian
Vegan Yack Attack! ~ Jackie ~ @veganyackattack
Vegetarian Mamma ~ Cindy ~ @VegetarianMamma
You Made That? ~ Suzanne ~ @YouMadeThatblog