A few weeks ago (when I made this ice cream) the 2 lb carton of strawberries were buy one get one free at my local grocery store. Since strawberries are one of our favorites, I stocked up.
We ended up eating quite a few and I froze some for smoothies, but the rest were bound to be ice cream.
Ice cream was in fact my original plan. But this frozen yogurt seemed easier and quicker. Plus, I had a few strawberry yogurts to use up.
This frozen yogurt recipe is one of my new favorites. I imagine you could make almost any fruit flavored frozen yogurt with this recipe.
All you need is 4 ingredients: fresh fruit, yogurt, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk. Then you basically mix it all up, let it chill in the fridge, then freeze in your ice cream maker. Simple, right?
Since this frozen yogurt recipe was just that easy, I went the extra mile and made Smitten Kitchen’s chocolate cookies for ice cream sandwiches.
Her cookies are perfect for ice cream sandwiches, not to mention super tasty on their own. Can you imagine replacing these for graham crackers in s’mores? Delish!!
So what are you waiting for? Make yourself some frozen yogurt today!
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
Recipe inspired by Kitchen Corners
- 3 cups washed and quartered strawberries
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups yogurt (I used 1 cup strawberry yogurt & 2 cups vanilla greek yogurt)
To Make the Frozen Yogurt:
- Puree the strawberries, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk until mostly smooth. It’s good if there are a few chunks.
- Mix the strawberry mixture with all of the yogurt. Chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacture’s directions.