This frosting is surprisingly addicting.
I was worried the fresh strawberries would have a negative effect on the sugar and butter, but it is delicious.
And besides being delicious, it is so fast and easy!
This is the frosting recipe I used for my sister’s 16th birthday strawberry cupcakes. They were a huge hit!
I imagine this recipe would be good on just about any cupcake, cake or cookie you can think of. If you experiment with flavor combinations leave me a comment or e-mail me about it!
- 1/4 cup strawberry puree
- 2 sticks organic unsalted butter, slightly cold
- dash of salt
- 3 – 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
To Make the Frosting:
- Beat the butter and salt until the butter is light and fluffy.
- Mix in 1 cup of the confectioners sugar at a time until thick and as sweet as you like.
- Add the strawberry puree and vanilla. Be careful not to over mix this frosting. It is best when it’s thick and creamy.
- Frost your dessert of choice and enjoy!