If you are looking for a cream cheese frosting, you have found a winner. It’s pretty much the only one you’ll need all Fall.
My cream cheese frosting is spiced with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cardamom. Other good things to add: orange zest, cloves, vanilla beans (or extract), or sea salt.
This makes a fabulous addition to muffins, cookies, quick breads, cupcakes, layer cakes, cinnamon rolls, brownies or straight up on a spoon.
Another great thing about this recipe – you can add 7-10 oz of marshmallow fluff to it and use it as a whoopie pie filling! Seriously, the possibilities are endless.
Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- **7 oz marshmallow fluff
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar little by little, to fully incorporate it.
- Add in the spices and vanilla, mix well.
If you are going to make this for a whoopie pie filling, fold in the fluff by hand only until it is just mixed.
Also, if you can’t find ready made fluff in a store near you, try this recipe!