I know it’s getting to be that time in November when pumpkin recipes come in all forms.
It’s pumpkin recipe war out there!
So, to stay in the pumpkin mood I have a super simple pumpkin cupcake recipe for you from Annie’s Eats.
The cupcake is very light, moist, and so tender. Melt-in-your-mouth tender.
While the pumpkin recipe is absolutely fabulous, the dulce de leche frosting steals the show.
I decided to add in some black hawaiian sea salt for a decorative touch.
You can use regular sea salt mixed into your frosting to the same flavor combination.
I found that the mini cupcakes were the perfect size. Two indulgent bites versus 5 or 6.
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups pumpkin (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line or grease your muffin tins.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, sugars, and oil.
- Mix in the eggs 1 at a time, fully incorporate.
- Add in the sifted dry ingredients in 2 parts, mixing only until just incorporated.
- Scoop into the muffin tins. Fill each one about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes (for regular sized cupcakes).
Dulce De Leche Frosting
- 2 sticks (1 cup) softened unsalted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 can dulce de leche
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup half and half
- dash of sea salt
To Make the Frosting:
- Cream together the butter until smooth.
- Once smooth slowly start adding in the powdered sugar until the mixture is stiff.
- Mix in the vanilla and slowly add the half and half.
- Stir in the dulce de leche and salt until fully incorporated.
- Add more sugar or half and half to reach desired consistency.