This weekend my roommate was going out of town and had a bunch of bananas that were starting to over ripen. She told me I could bake with them if I wanted to instead of her just throwing them away.
Of course, I took the bananas. Can you imagine me passing up the opportunity to bake?
I pulled out this recipe that I have had around forever, but never really had the chance to use.
This banana cupcake recipe is very similar to the banana cookie recipe, but not quite as hearty or chewy.
The cupcakes have a very light and fluffy texture. The banana flavor is powerful. And when paired with the sweet chocolate frosting, to die for.
Organic Banana Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups organic all purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 3/4 cup organic white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick of organic butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 cups organic banana puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
To Make the Cupcakes:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Farenhiet and line your muffin pan with cupcake papers.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry mix.
- In a different medium bowl mix together the melted butter, banana puree, eggs, and vanilla. Pour about 1/3 into the well.
- Slowly start stirring the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, keep doing this until all the dry and wet ingredients are incorporated but be careful not to over mix!
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake paper.
- Bake the cupcakes for 25 to 30 minutes, if you test with a toothpick it will come out clean.
- Once they are done baking, take them out of the pan and let them cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cool, frost with your favorite chocolate frosting recipe.