I often find myself with overripe bananas.
For some reason my boyfriend and I can not eat them fast enough!
Instead of making the usual banana bread, I checked out Cakespy for some inspiration. I came across this amazing sounding Banana Cookie Recipe.
I wasted no time and checked for the ingredients I needed and set to work.
I choose to make a chocolate glaze with this recipe. I felt a thick buttercream would overpower the banana flavor in the cookies, but feel free to use whatever you want!
Organic Banana Cookies
- 1/2 cup organic butter or 1/2 cup organic cold pressed virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup organic brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 large, or 3 small, very ripe organic bananas – mashed
- 1/2 cup organic milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups organic AP flour
- 1 cup organic stone ground WW flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
To Make the Cookies:
- Mix the butter, oil, sugar, and eggs thoroughly. I used an electric hand mixer to get it to a light and fluffy consistency.
- Mix in the mashed bananas, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir this into the banana mixture, little by little, until it is fully combined. I ended up doing mine in 3 parts.
- Then let the dough chill in the refrigerator for an hour or 2.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop the balls of dough onto the cookie sheets. Leave 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes, or until the edges are starting to brown. Be sure to let them cool completely on a wire sheet before frosting!