Last week I was in desperate need of some chocolate. And I wasn’t interested in a candy bar…I was looking for something rich, chewy, comforting, and packing a chocolate punch.
Luckily, I logged onto Foodbuzz that day! I found a recipe for one of the best brownies ever. I mean ever ever. You will not find a better brownie. These have everything you need, and more.
You can make them as is, add a frosting on top (like I did), swirl some cream cheese into them to make cream cheese brownies, add orange or peppermint extract for a little festivity fun…see what I mean? Endless.
Did I mention you won’t find an easier recipe for brownies this good? This recipe only call for 5 ingredients. And you hardly make any mess, which is definitely a plus.
Recipe from The Gourmand Mom
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips – I used semi-sweet.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
I also added in 1 TBSP cocoa powder, and 1 TSP salt.
- Preheat oven to 350º F and grease an 8×8 or 9×9 pan -- I didn’t have my pan clean and it was too late when I realized this…so I used a pie pan.
- In a pot over a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and butter – stir constantly!
- When smooth, turn off the heat. Mix in the salt and cocoa powder (if using).
- Stir in the sugar until completely dissolved, then add the flour and stir.
- Mix in the eggs until well blended – be sure the mixture isn’t too hot, you don’t want scrambled egg brownies!
- Pour into your pan and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow brownies to cool before slicing, and serving.
For the Frosting:
- 1 block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup – 1 cup powdered sugar
- Irish cream
To make the frosting…
- Beat together the cream cheese and enough irish cream to make it slightly liquid – add in 1 tbsp at a time.
- Mix in however much powdered sugar you want. I mixed in enough to make the frosting thick and sweet.