Today I am sharing a recipe for strawberry scones from Debby at A Feast for the Eyes.
I was excited to find her scone recipe. As I’m sure you can tell, I’ve been on a strawberry kick.
The scones are light and fluffy, and delicious warmed up with a big cup of coffee in the morning.
I had a lot of fun looking through Debby’s site. I wish I would have waited a week or two before making my recipe because now I am drooling over her pineapple jam! nom!
Are you interested in getting on the Secret Recipe Club wait list? Get more info here!
Recipe from A Feast for the Eyes
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cold butter cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup cold half and half
- 2 tbsp turbinado sugar – to top the scones
To Make the Scones:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle chopped fruit with 1/2 tbsp sugar and set the berries aside.
- Combine the remaining sugar with the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly. Cut the butter into the dry mix until it forms a small crumb like mixture.
- Toss in the fruit then pour in all but 1 tbsp of the half and half into the bowl. Mix with a spatula until the dough holds together. Lightly knead the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Shape the dough into a circle that is 3/4 inch thick. Cut into 6-8 slices and place each slice on the cookie sheet. Brush with the remaining half and half and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, or until the tops are browning and the scones lightly spring back when touched. Serve warm. To store, wrap each scone in plastic and store them all in a plastic bag.