A few months ago when some of us in the Milk Bar Monday group heard our friend Krissy was pregnant, we decided to plan a little virtual baby shower for her.
Since Krissy is having a boy and her husband is a baseball player we all tried to find some cute ways to incorporate those things.
I went with blueberries. And yes, I know blueberries are not exactly blue but I think you get the idea.
The punch is an easy basic recipe that can be adjusted by using different fruits, herbs, or teas. You could also switch out the soda water for champagne and serve this like you would a mimosa.
I recommend using a fruity tea that matches the blueberries, or what ever other fruit you may choose. I went with the blueberry kona pop from Teavana. It’s a fragrant rooibos-herbal tea blend that is caffeine free and safe for everyone!
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (washed)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 bunch of organic mint
- 2 cups lemon juice (about 6 large lemons)
- 2 cups iced tea
- 3 cups cold, filtered water
- Soda Water
To Make the Punch:
- Set aside one good looking sprig of mint. Pull the leaves off the remaining sprigs and add to your blender or food processor.
- Puree together 2 cups blueberries, sugar and the mint until completely smooth. Pour into a fine mesh strainer and press on the solids to remove all the liquid.
- Mix in the lemon juice, tea and water. Stir to combine. Let the mixture chill in your fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve fill glass with ice, then half with punch and half soda water. Garnish with a mint leaf and a few blueberries.
Audra @ The Baker Chick – Mini Salted Caramel Brownie Pies
Jacqueline @ The Dusty Baker – Kid Friendly & Dairy Free Chicken Fingers
Cassie @ Bake Your Day – Red Bell Pepper Ranch Cheese Dip
Lauren @ Keep It Sweet LCL – Baby Blue Cake Pops (from scratch)
Nicole @ Sweet Peony – Roasted Blueberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Averie @ Averie Cooks – Cinnamon Oatmeal Date Bars with Chocolate Chunks